Our ability to build highly qualified teams of engineering talent is critical to Stromasys’ future growth. Our obsession with sourcing exceptional talent is unwavering. If you are just as passionate about talent, future technologies, and systems management, then read on!
Do you live and breathe legacy Unix? Do you have a brain for network troubleshooting and running virtual machines and the experience that proves it? Does the idea of interacting with customers from Fortune 50 companies to SLED to military agencies excite you? Does helping others get out of their legacy IT trap strike a chord? If so, we have the perfect job for you:
The Installation Engineer will engage with customers in software installation / system integration at client sites and remotely.
The role may require up to 25% travel in the Americas region, and possibly worldwide.
- System administration and disaster recovery experience managing the following legacy OS environments
- Mandatory/Primary skill : HP-UX, versions 9:x, 10.x, 11.x
- Secondary/Nice to have Skill : SUN Solaris, versions 2.x – 11.x
- Linux system and network administration experience (with understanding of system components and services)
- Technical project management skills
- Ability to work independently, delivering solutions on time
- Ability to deliver customer satisfaction
- Must play well with others
- Fluent in English
Would be a plus
- Software/hardware migration projects experience
- Experience in system administration of the following:
- Major plus:
- o OpenVMS for VAX, Alpha, and Integrity, versions 4.5 - 8.4
- o Tru64 UNIX, versions 3.x - 5.x
- o HP MPE-ix, versions 6.0 - 7.5
- System and network troubleshooting experience in mixed Windows/Linux/Solaris/HP-UX/VMS/Tru64/SAN environment
- Understanding and system management experience of virtual environments (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Understanding and system management experience of LAN network technologies
- Understanding and system management experience of storage technologies (SAN/NAS/iSCSI)
- Understanding and management experience with various application stacks: Oracle, Sybase, RDB, etc.
- Cloud awareness
- Spanish language skills
Why Join Stromasys ?
- Obsessed with customers and technology...
- ... but not at the expense of a balanced family and personal life
- Shared ethics, the foundation of our strong teamwork
- A deep common desire to thrive by doing good in an honest way
- A genuine care for the wellbeing of our colleagues and customers as human beings
- Colleagues from all corners of the Earth
- Healthcare insurance, including dental, vision, FSAs
What our Team Says
“In the past ten years, I’ve seen Stromasys grow very quickly and we continue to succeed because we listen closely to our customers, support our team, and develop solutions. I love that our engineering team is all over the world and yet everyone is willing to jump in and help when it comes to finding the best solution for that customer – I learn so much.”
Doug Smith, HPA Product Manager
“Stromasys is a great organization to work for. Our global, yet nimble workforce, stresses a team mentality to accomplish company goals. While Stromasys is very customer-focused, the company recognizes and cares for the individual employees who make up our team. The work can be fast-paced, as we are continuously developing our products to stay ahead of demand, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.”
Meghan Fitts, Regional Sales Director, Americas (East)
“It’s so great to continue working on the systems that I have loved all these years after working at DEC, Compaq, and HP, in an environment where I can make a difference.”
Sandy Levitt, Senior Sales Engineer, Global Alliances & Cloud